Thursday, March 14, 2013

Prose for thought #Prose4T - Too Little Sunshine, So Much Rain

Too Little Sunshine, So Much Rain

9th January 2001

Sitting on my own
Thoughts rolling through my mind
Looking for a peace
That I never seem to find

I wish I was a wave
That was crashing on the beach
I wish I was the light 
That is just beyond my reach

I wish I could give but never take
I wish I could sleep and never wake
I close my eyes but I can still see
I can't shut off that part of me

I go to bed and try to sleep
Why does this knife cut so deep
There's an empty space inside my soul
a part of me that's never been whole

I feel my life is wasting away
And its such a struggle to get through the day
There's a part of me that wants to grow
I've tried so hard not to let it show

But now I find I can't contain
Too Little Sunshine, so much rain. 


Prose for Thought

13 comments:

  1. AMAZING, that is such a well written, amazing poem that I'm sure so many people can relate to.
    I think you should put all your poems together and publish them on amazon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you so much. Its lovely of you to say that. I may think about it. Might do a bit of research. How much do you think someone would pay for that? And what would I call it?

      Delete
    2. i dont know but I think that it should ve along the lines of helping people through depression. 'i know how you feel' or something. its so nice when u can connect to sonething or read something that feels like its been written for you. Thats why i always look forward to your pist. You would have to charge $2.99 minimum to get 70% of the royalties. I hope you do it, I'll be your first buyer! x

      Delete
    3. Thank you!!!!

      I've already started typing up my older poems (from 1992 onwards). There is loads!!!

      Delete
    4. good, hopefully it will sell so many copies u can give up ur job! thanks for buying my book too btw x

      Delete
    5. Thanks. And you're welcome. I haven't finished reading it yet. How have you done with it?

      Delete
    6. yeh pretty good, have had so much great feedback and almost everyone that bought it, asked if there was a sequel. So I wrote one and its just about to be released (I'm hoping by the 1st of April) x

      Delete
    7. That's fab! I definitely will read it! (feels sheepish now)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! i love this one :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Means such a lot to get such lovely comments!

      Delete
  3. What beautiful words, put together so well. You write beautiful poetry. Thank you so much for linking up xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to your words and often miss the sunshine in my life. A touching poem.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment but please be aware my blog has now moved to www.muminahurry.com so I'd love it if you'd come visit and comment there.